Thursday, June 30, 2011

Well Dressed Home No. 7 - Movie Set Style

Here's "a little ditty about Jack and Diane.." (pun intended but not to John Mellencamp). Some people watch a movie multiple times because they love the story. I do that too, but I must admit I sometimes have to watch it multiple times because I've paid too much attention to the movie set and missed the story or need to revisit the set design again and sometimes again.

I'm guilty as charged every time I watch Something's Gotta Give starring Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson. (This is the "ditty" in case you missed the connection.) An Architectural Digest article states that Director Nancy Meyers asked set decorator Beth Rubino to create a substantial Hamptons house for Diane Keaton's character. Ah, I'd say mission accomplished!






So put on the comfys, grab a bottle of wine, a block of cheese, crackers, fresh fruit and watch it all over again. You'll see what I mean.

Images Architectural Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...