Wednesday, August 27, 2014

RSVP Collection No. 55 - Autumn Table Settings


If you are more comfortable sharing the meal in another room of the home, outdoors or heck even in the barn, my opinion is that setting the table for the occasion is just as important.
Willow Bee Inspired



Featuring Autumn table settings while the skies are still sunny and the weather still warm is in no way my wish to rush Summer along. I'm just a planner. Because if you are going to have a dining experience with the special friends and family in your live, you should plan every detail. Trust me I am all for impromptu time spent with the same people, some of my best times are from such happenings. But my fondest memories are that relaxed, unrushed, never ending meal shared around the dining table.





When I hear someone sharing that they hardly ever use their dining room I feel they are missing memory-gathering moments in their lives. Don't get me wrong, sharing a good meal doesn't mean it has to take place in the dining room. But it seems that is the only setting where some feel it necessary to set the table.





If you are more comfortable sharing the meal in another room of the home, outdoors or heck even in the barn, my opinion is that setting the table for the occasion is just as important.





And just as in any design, rules are meant to be broken. There are many interpretations of a centerpiece. Have fun with some of your favorite accessories and dishes. 





Be inspired! And remember Autumn is more than just orange, rust, and brown. Your table settings for Autumn can be full of color!





If you enjoy a more formal table setting here's a classic reference from Emily Post on setting the table.




Rethink a candle holder, rethink a centerpiece, rethink a tablecloth. But don't forget to cook your favorite specialities, your friends are waiting to savor them again!



Image Sources: Cupcakes and Cashmere, Decorating Files, Pinterest, Echo Design, Stone Gable Blog, House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...