Sunday, September 13, 2015

Rooms I Love No. 21 - Less is More, Truly


This started out as a blog post about black and white rooms that I love. Then I came across other images that I loved that weren't a concentration on the black and white palette. As I stared, mesmerized at these images, what I realized is that what struck me most was the simple elegance of these rooms. Simplistic elegance is what won me over and caused me to stare.






The fresh approach to having a room with pieces you love, with a "less is more" attitude.







Less clutter, less stuff, less busyness, less chaos. More relaxation, more drama. And no, that is not a pairing of oxymoron-like adjectives. Relaxation from the less thans; more drama on the cherished items, for you can see them now. More perspective, more meaning.






Less is more creates a renewed appreciation for the finishes, the curves, the craftsmanship, the luxuriousness, the textures, the way light dances, the rejuvenation we feel, and the people in the room we feel it with.







"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris

Less is more, truly.



Sources: Elle Decor, Tumbler, Ralph Lauren, A Detailed House, Mix Chic


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...