Thursday, September 6, 2012

RSVP Collection No. 39 - New Kitchen Colors



I'm not ready to say goodbye to the stainless steel appliances for the kitchen yet. But all good things must come to an end sometime. Do you know the stainless steel appliance has had a 25-year run? Appliance makers are not saying it is over and passe. But they are introducing or working on what the next trend will be. 


The Ice Collection is the new introduction from Whirlpool, which includes a glossy white.  And Miele is soon to introduce a high gloss collection. General Electric introduced a muted gray called slate.

Ice Collection includes a high gloss white or black option with brushed steel handles


The muted gray - slate collection from General Electric


Interestingly, the Viking Range Corporation introduced their stainless steel range in the 80's. According to Brent Bailey, design director at Viking Range, 80% of their sales are still stainless steel.  That's big in the fact that they offer 23 color choices to stainless steel. Goes to show a classic is a classic!




I personally still love the stainless steel chic-ness. Regardless, this is what I still have on my dream kitchen checklist!

The built in wine cooler!

Image Resources: Whirlpool, General Electric, Viking Range, Danby


1 comment:

  1. I went with all stainless because I do love it, but I will never forget my friend, Dr's daughter who had a turquoise oven/stove/fridge with lime green countertops...in 1969...I would so do that today

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...