Monday, September 19, 2011
Well Dressed Home No. 11 - The Well-Appointed Guest Room
It reminded me just how important it is to never forget the little things for your guests. So I've come up with a checklist for the well-appointed guest room.
1. First and foremost a comfortable bed with fresh linens.
2. There is nothing says "welcome" like a nice collection of bed pillows in both soft and firm.
3. Fresh flowers are a simple, yet delightful touch.
4. A beautiful tray by the bedside with bottled water or cola, alarm clock, a vanilla-scented or fresh-linen scented candle with matches.
5. A selection of nice stationery or even a small journal for your guest to make trip notes.
And don't forget nice ink pens or pencils. Not the "junk pens".
6. Provide a basket of lotions, pain remedies, sewing kit, soaps, and crisp bath linens.
7. A small flashlight near the bedside is a nice touch as well.
8. Magazines and books will be appreciated. Along with a comfy throw for that refreshing cat nap.
9. A folding luggage rack is a nice convenience.
Image Sources: Veranda