Monday, September 18, 2023

Color Palette No. 18 - Sherwin Williams 2024 Colormix

 


Sherwin Williams recently unveiled their Colormix Forecast 2024 - Anthology No. 1 with four color categories and I am loving them all. Don't get me wrong I have my favorites for sure!



No. 1 Blues & Greens

"This palette revolves around the color connection between blues and greens, shared across a range of organic, calming-yet-invigorating hues." (Sherwin Williams)

I'm loving the convergence of blues and greens for their organic, calm and soothing vibes while also giving off an invigorating energy just like nature. Picturing the color contrasts that can be created from this color group is a designer's dream. Think Batik patterns, sisal carpet, natural woods - rustic and refined both, glorious prints and then think sophisticated Ralph Lauren classic plaids and timeless patterns, mid to dark toned woods, chrome or brass metals - whether casual modern or transitional with a touch of formal this color palette is the starting point.








No. 2 Reds & Purples

"Get creative with this palette of reds and purples made for maximalism – a group of warm, saturated hues paired with understated neutrals." (Sherwin Williams)

I'm drawn to this color series because it is perfect for creating that cocoon, we all need for the caring of ourselves. Purples, which are tied to finding joy, have always been a personal fav of mine. And the earthy browns are always a great backdrop to striking contrasts of purples - pure poetry. Even the punch of the Dragon Fruit sparks inspiration for me.

Visions of a late summer meadow of wildflowers is what I have with this color palette. This color mix takes me back to the Chanel 2023/24 Haute Couture Fall/Winter Show. Remember those embroidered floral looks paired with the classic Chanel boucle? (See blogpost Fashion Translation to Home No. 24.) 







No. 3 Deeps & Darks

"Escape into a restful retreat with this palette of deep, dark colors. A range of dramatic hues that introduce powerful contrast and a little mystery." (Sherwin Williams)

This is my favorite! It takes a bold person to say yes to this color mix, a person that is envied because it is clear they are not afraid to be authentic to themselves. They don't save this secret love of deeps and darks for the fall season - they let it dwell in their homes every day. The saturation of color is so beautiful, it stands proud. 

What is inspiring me from this color mix? Velvets for sure, along with kilt-inspired plaids, silk fabrics in any of these colors, bronze metals, animal prints for sure, embossed leathers, worn antique woods, collections of unique objects - all with clean lines and no clutter - everything meaningfully incorporated.





No. 4 Delicate Tints

"In a palette that’s both hushed and harmonious, airy tints intermingle with soft whites to deliver elevated, minimalist style." (Sherwin Williams)

Okay this one caught me off guard. I was today years old when I learned that I love delicate tints. And I love them for all that Sue Wadden of Sherwin Williams has to say about them. I love them because "lighter tones reflect light more effectively" - "maximizing natural light not only enhances the visual appeal of a space but also promotes circadian rhythm, energy levels and overall health." This could take me away from a to-do list without guilt. Back to harmony and tranquility - back to basics. And I think I could find myself happy here (okay maybe just in one room).

I'm envisioning wormhole woods, linen fabrics, animal prints still (neutral ones), lots of architectural mouldings, gold metals, a library to die for (can you image reading around these tints), nailhead trimmings for certain, faded vintage-like print fabrics, lots of windows with black frames, faux furs, my small beginnings of a collection of white busts, lots of layering.








Okay, so what inspiration will feed your soul with from this color forecast? 


Sources: Sherwin Williams, Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...