Monday, August 21, 2023

Rooms I Love No. 24 - 2023 Kips Bay Palm Beach Decorator Showhouse - Part II

 



This is Part II of the rooms I love from the 2023 Kips Bay Palm Beach Decorator Showhouse and yet again I'm head over heels. I have to admit I literally stared at this room like it was a tall drink of water on the hottest day of summer. If I had physically been in this space, they would have told me there is more to see and I would have replied, "I'm fine here."

Lucy Doswell Interiors' study is marvelous. Some of what grabs my heart is the borrowed Mid Century cocktail table and desk chair belonging to Lucy's grandmother. Talk about enduring well-designed pieces that can translate from room to room, for generations. 

From the wallpapered ceiling washed with gold and its jewel of a chandelier to the calming painted walls the jewel box is created. The selection of seating all gems in their own right paired with the best textiles and leather to give each one a bit of the limelight. 



I can't even with that velvet on the sofa with its button tufted seat cushion. Velvet is one of my favorite sofa fabrics. (My living room sofa is a chocolate brown velvet that I haven't tired of in the 20 years I've owned it. Invest in the best quality furnishings you can afford, and you will be rewarded with many years of enjoyable.)

The mix of fabrics in this room are delightful and the touch of turquoise leather on the desk chair is like a great pair of shoes that top off an outfit! The floral on the sweet slipper chair, topped off with the geometric trim at the hem is so darling. I'm a sucker for the wood occasional chair with its fresh awning stripe cushion. Standing ovation for using four different chair styles with four different textiles to cover them. 

The patterned carpet the ground that carries all the things is splendid. 

And hello lambrequin! What a great reintroduction of a fabulous window treatment fittingly adorning the window. If the room was a runway this would be the finale. 











The musts for a well-designed room, treasures! The burled keyed box on the desk, the bird feet candlesticks on the cocktail with the sassy turquoise tapers, the collection of mismatched art on the walls hung just so, the vessels holding foliage, floral and feather. Well done.

Be inspired!


Sources: Lucy Doswell Interiors, Veranda, Carmel Brantley Photography, Architectural Digest, Pinterest, Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...