Monday, September 17, 2018

Gotta Love No. 56 - Skulls & Tattoos



I have a confession. I'm a Pisces and for those who know them you'll understand this blog post. The topic is one I have had in my writing ideas file for quite some time but had to decide when this reveal of myself was going to come out for all to see. Well today I blame the Pandora station I am listening to as I write this. You know the genre of music that throws caution to the wind? Yeah that one. So here goes. I think a touch of skulls, crossbones, and tattoos are sexy cool. No, I have no tattoos - skull and crossbones or otherwise. Just think they show an edgy coolness that is alluring.





And I have to say that in short order I just may find myself adding a touch of this to my home, somewhere. Why not? I express so much of myself in my home that I only invite family and good friends to share with me. My people - the people who know me well. So again, why not?





This flirtatious love I have for skulls and tattoos isn't about the macabre. Instead it is my daring character and love for artists that catch my fancy. 






I'm fascinated by the collaborative story behind the Union skull created by a tattooist on leather adoring a chair by Wish Interiors. I want to meet the designer who put the skull fabric on a vintage high back chair. I want to stare into the eyes of Alan Tanksley and tell him I love his placement of the Rani Arabella skull pillows in his design. And want to know more about the Bradley Hughes chairs meets Phillip Barlow skull fabrics creations. Because these are the brave souls that inspire and I'd like to say they are my people too.









Peter Sandback's skull bench has me swooning. And then there is Melody Rose London who designed the wicked sweet luxury bone china with skull designs. Grilled cheese will never taste the same! And I'll even wash the dishes when we are done having tea!















Mr. Ralph Lauren, sir, I tip my hat to you because you get me. From your Maddox pillow with skull motif to the tabletop crystal skull - love.





There is "just right" in our home design, remember your pasta lessons - al dente! So if it is just the addition of a skull motif pasta bowl that is just enough. Be inspired! Gotta love showing your authenticity no matter what that means. 


Sources: Ralph Lauren, Alan Tanksley, Melody Rose London, Wish Interiors, 1st Dibs, Zulily, Tumbler, Victorian English Pottery, Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...